Volume X: Information Technology Services
Chapter Other: Departmental Digital Signage
Approved by: Administrative Computing Committee (ACC)
History: Issued: 06/14/2010
Related Polices: Backup and Recovery of User Files on Network Servers, Faculty Technology Budget Upgrades, Purchase of Obsolete Workstation from the College, Replacement Cycle of Workstations, Staff Upgrade Budget, Standard Faculty and Staff Workstation Screen-Saver Policy, Standard Staff Printer Hardware Configuration, Standard Workstation Hardware and Software Configuration
Additional References: N/A
Responsible Official: Office of Information Technology Services
I. Policy Statement
To outline the process of departmental procurement, implementation, and management of digital signs under the purview of the requesting department.
II. Entities Covered by this Policy
All digital signage technology within individual departments at Claremont McKenna College.
Direct any questions about this policy to your department’s supervisor. Questions about specific issues may be addressed to: Chief Technology Officer (909) 607-1553
It is recognized that college departments are increasingly expected to adopt new methods of outreach and information sharing, including digital signage. Information Technology Services offers enterprise digital signage software to all departments of Claremont McKenna College and supports networking to digital signage. In order to facilitate effective and smooth implementation as well as to standardize on college approved designs, departments requesting digital signage will work through ITS to implement their digital signage projects. ITS will take a leadership role in coordinating with various departments as necessary and overseeing the successful completion of the digital signage project on behalf of the requesting department.
The following procedures will be followed when a department requests installation of digital signage.
1. The requesting staff member will first contact the ITS Help Desk (ext. 70911) to initiate the work project with appropriate ITS staff.
2. After determining the needed equipment/components, the requesting staff member will complete the ITS Digital Signage Purchase Requisition Form in all its particulars.
3. Using the specific department account number provided, ITS will be responsible for coordinating and collaborating with necessary facility services staff for electrical, networking, and facility infrastructure approvals and quotes, as well as the ordering, receiving, processing payment, and installing of all hardware and software upgrades on behalf of the requesting department.
4. ITS will assist the requesting department in collaborating with Public Affairs and any other necessary entities for branding and design purposes.
5. ITS will train departmental representatives in the use of the displays.
6. ITS staff will assist designated digital sign content managers in the management of departmental information once a sign is installed.
7. There is no promise of ITS replacement for digital signage technology bought by departments outside of the standard IT capital budgets.