The President and the Dean of the Faculty are ex-officio members of all faculty committees. Tenured (or tenure-track) faculty with administrative appointments are listed as faculty. Ex-officio members of the administration are listed as staff. Several committees have elected members and student members that will be added later.
Standing Committees of the Faculty
Standing committees are constituted by action of the faculty, report to the faculty, make recommendations for faculty action, make recommendations to the College administration on academic issues, and must have a majority of their membership drawn from the faculty. They may be chaired by the President, one of the academic deans, or members of the faculty.
- Academic Standards Committee: faculty: Bradley (chair), Raviv, Rossum, Scalmanini, Sinha, Thines, and Valenza; staff: Gasaway, Morgan, Spellman, and Skinner.
- Administration Committee: chair to be elected; faculty: TBA; staff: Chodosh, Riggio, and Warner.
- Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure Committee: TBA
- APT/Executive Committee: faculty: TBA
- Curriculum Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Blomberg, Morgan, Spellman, Warner (chair); students: Goldberg-Morse and Vyas.
- Faculty Research Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Riggio and Warner.
College committees are constituted by the administration or as a result of initiatives of the faculty. They make policy recommendations outside the areas of academic issues and faculty personnel issues to either the administration, the faculty, or both.
- Admission and Financial Aid Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: DeVeres; students: Chung and Lenderts.
- Athenaeum Advisory Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Edwards, Huang, Snortum; students: Hall, Harbaugh, Kakkar, Landgraf, Miller, Tillotson, Willis, and Zipperman.
- Committee on Academic Computing: faculty: TBA staff: Humes; students: Chung and Crabtree.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB): faculty:TBA; staff: Haller.
- National Awards Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Beale and Wenger.
- Off-Campus Study Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Mallory and Wenger; students: Johnson, Klein, and Lee.
- Teaching Resource Center Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Skinner(chair).
Special committees are constituted by the administration to provide advice and counsel for various policy areas on an ongoing basis.
- CMC Magazine Editorial Board: faculty:TBA; staff: Bilger.
- College Judiciary Board: faculty: TBA; staff: Huang and Spellman; students: TBA.
- Diversity Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: DeVeres, Gale, Marana, Warner (chair), Weyman, Wynn; students: Lu and Xie.
- Environmental Concerns Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Huezo, Worley (chair); students: Goodrich, Haskell, Larsen, and Moller.
- IR Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Riggio
- Library Committee: faculty: TBA
- ROTC Advisory Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: to be selected.
- Safety Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Nicholas; student: Catherine Blakelock.
- Senior Staff: staff: Aguilar, Aspinall, Benavidez, Bibbens, Blomberg, Chodosh, DeVeres, Faranda, Floyd, Huang, Humes, Iseminger, Riggio, Spellman, and Warner.
- Student Recruitment Committee: faculty: TBA.
CMC faculty and staff members of Intercollegiate Committees are:
- Academic Deans Committee: Warner.
- Admission Officers Committee
- Business and Financial Affairs Committee: Aspinall.
- Committee on Religious Affairs (CORA): Davis and German.
- Council of The Claremont Colleges: Chodosh.
- College Advancement Committee: Iseminger.
- Faculty Athletic Representatives Committee: TBA.
- Human Resources Committee: Sanchez.
- Information Technology Committee: Humes.
- Intercollegiate Gender Studies Committee: faculty: Bilger and Selig.
- Joint Physical Education Appointment, Reappointment, and Promotion Committee: TBA.
- Keck Science Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Warner.
- Registrars Committee: Morgan.
- Student Deans Committee: Huang.
Advisory committees are constituted by the Administration as needed for ad hoc purposes as issues arise needing special attention. They are intended to study an issue, provide advice and recommendations, and then cease operations.
- CMC Activities Committee (CMAC): faculty: TBA; staff: Mayfield.
- Exceptional Service Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Faranda (chair).
- Assessment Committee: faculty: TBA; staff: Garris and Graves.
Committees of the Board of Trustees
Board of Trustees committees provide for faculty and student input by means of membership on various committees, subcommittees, and ad hoc committees. Voting is limited to trustees. Faculty members of Board committees are listed as faculty. Tenured (or tenure-track) faculty with administrative appointments who provide staff support are listed as staff.
- Academic Affairs Committee: trustees: McElwee (chair), Podlich (vice chair), Kuhl (vice chair), B. Evans, Isaacson, Klein, Leppert, Lerner, Lowe, Mgrublian, Murty, Neff, Peterson, Prager, Ramsey, Russell, Schade, Walker; faculty: TBA; staff: Hansen, Humes, Riggio, Skinner, Warner; students: Rungta and Scola.
- Audit Committee: trustees: Neff (chair), Lerner (co-chair), Valach (co-chair), Kuhl, Leppert, Spellman Sweet; staff: Alonzo, Aspinall, Bibbens, Floyd, and Watkins.
- Board Affairs Committee: trustees: Hetz (chair), Walker (vice chair), Barker, Brown, Chodosh, Crown, Larson, Lowe, McElwee, McMahon, Mgrublian, Novack, Spellman Sweet, Wagener; staff: Bibbens and Iseminger.
- Buildings and Grounds Committee: trustees: Mgrublian (chair), Novack (vice chair), Crown, Day, Eggert, Flamson, Leppert, Podlich, Pritzlaff, Schade, Valach; faculty: TBA; staff: Aspinall, Bibbens, Perri, Skinner, Spellman, Worley; students: Bergman and Haft.
- College Advancement Committee: trustees: Crown (co-chair), Wagener (co-chair), Bemowski (vice chair), Eggert (vice chair), Mitchell (vice chair), Brown, Eggert, Falk, Hetz, Larson, Mann, McDowell, Mullen, Novack, Pritzlaff, Soll; faculty: TBA; staff: Benavidez, Faranda, Iseminger, ; students: Falk and Wilkinson.
- Executive Committee: trustees: McMahon (chair), Barker (vice chair), Brown, Crown, Day, Evans, Chodosh, Hetz, Larson, Lowe, McElwee, Mgrublian, Nakasone, Novack, Podlich, Russell, Spellman Sweet, Wagener, Walker; staff: Bibbens.
- Finance Committee: trustees: Russell (chair), Novack (vice chair), Prager (vice chair), Brown, Crown, Evans, Podlich, Schade, Valach, Walker; faculty: TBA; staff: Alonzo, Aspinall Bibbens, Floyd, Warner, Watkins; students: DiLucci and Landgraf.
- Investment Committee: trustees: Brown (co-chair), Larson (co-chair), Barker, Day, Hetz, McElwee, Mitchell, Russell, Walker; staff: Aspinall, Denny, Floyd, Rotolo, and Watkins.
- Research and Research Institutes Subcommittee: trustees: B. Evans (chair), Kuhl (vice chair), Lerner, Mgrublian, Walker; faculty: Blitz, Busch, Faggen, Haley, Kanaya, Meulbroek, Morhardt, Pei, Smith Orr, and Weidenmier; staff: Riggio, Bartlett, and Warner.
- Student Affairs Committee: trustees: Evans (chair), Klein (vice chair), Bemowski, Falk, Flamson, Isaacson, Kuhl, Mann, McDowell, McElwee, Mullen, Murty, Nakasone, Peterson, Ramsey, Soll; faculty: TBA; staff: DeVeres, Easley, Huang, Sandoval-Dancs, Skinner, Spellman; students: Brandt, Buckner, Das, Hall, Landgraf, and Su.