The President and the Dean of the Faculty are ex-officio members of all faculty committees. Tenured (or tenure-track) faculty with administrative appointments are listed as faculty. Ex-officio members of the administration are listed as staff. Several committees have elected members and student members that will be added later.
Standing Committees of the Faculty
Standing committees are constituted by action of the faculty, report to the faculty, make recommendations for faculty action, make recommendations to the College administration on academic issues, and must have a majority of their membership drawn from the faculty. They may be chaired by the President, one of the academic deans, or members of the faculty.
- Academic Standards Committee: faculty: Bradley (chair), Griffiths, Miller, Obdrzalek, Raviv, Sinha; staff: De Veres, Morgan, Spellman, and Warner.
- Administration Committee: chair to be elected; faculty: Arndt, Black, Davis, Ganguly, O’Neill, Ozbeklik, Park, M. Shelton, Taw, Thomas; staff: Appel, Gann,and Hess.
- Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure Committee: Aksoy, Antecol, Appel, Arndt, Ascher, Bessette, Bilger, Black, Blitz, Blombert, Burdekin, Busch, Camp, Charlop, Conger, Costanzo, Davis, Elliott, Faggen, Farrell, Frangieh, Fucaloro, Gould, Haley, Halpern, Hamburg, Hansen, Helland, Hess, Higdon, Hughson, Hurley, Kesler, Kincaid, Kind, Krauss, Kumar, Levin, Lofgren, Martin, Massoud, Meulbroek, Milton, Morhardt, Morrison, Nichols, O’Neill, Pei, Petropoulos, Pitney, Reed, Riggio, Rossum, M. Shelton, Smith, Valenza, von Hallberg, Warner, Weidenmeir, Willett, and Wright; staff: Gann (chair).
- APT/Executive Committee: faculty: Helland, Morrison, Pei, Rossum, Reed; staff: Hess.
- Curriculum Committee: faculty: Antecol, Busch, Espinosa (Spring), Fukshansky, Gilbert (Fall), Hansen, Kreines, Levin, Morrison, Petropoulos, M. Shelton, Sutton, Wollen; staff: Blomberg, Morgan, Spellman, Warner (chair); students: Harbaugh and Xie.
- Faculty Research Committee: faculty: Kreines, Levin, Pei; staff: Appel and Hess.
College committees are constituted by the administration or as a result of initiatives of the faculty. They make policy recommendations outside the areas of academic issues and faculty personnel issues to either the administration, the faculty, or both.
- Admission and Financial Aid Committee: faculty: Hamburg (chair), Smith; staff: DeVeres; students: Rungta and Scola.
- Athenaeum Advisory Committee: faculty: Appel (chair), Aitel, Chung Kim, Kincaid, Magilke, Puchner, Schroeder; staff: Edwards, Huang, Snortum; students: Bird, Harbaugh, Leathers, Pai, Reisfield, Riva, Scharer, and Weiss.
- Committee on Academic Computing: faculty: Costanzo, Fernholz, Gould, Huber (chair), A. Lee (spring), and Nelson (fall) staff: Humes; students: Davies and Fagundes.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB): faculty:Cody, Charlop, Conger, Fucaloro, Kao, and Tocoian; staff: Miller.
- National Awards Committee: faculty: Elliott, Lobis, Pitney, von Hallberg; staff: Beale and Wenger.
- Off-Campus Study Committee: faculty: Ascher, Camp, Burdekin, Ferguson, Selig; staff: Mallory, Wenger; students: Powers, Recinos, and Rowe.
- Teaching Resource Center Committee: faculty: Aitel, Cook, Espinosa (spring), Michon, Needell, and Rentz (fall); staff: Warner(chair).
Special committees are constituted by the administration to provide advice and counsel for various policy areas on an ongoing basis.
- CMC Magazine Editorial Board: faculty:Fabbe and Farrell; staff: Bilger.
- College Judiciary Board: faculty: Bjornlie, Blitz, Bradley, Burton, Geismer, Locke, Nadon, C. Shelton, Shields, Taylor; staff: Huang and Spellman; students: Cooke, Griffith, Falk, Hsu, Joseph, Kapur, Landgraf, Lenderts, MacGregor, McBrien, Mimbs Nyce, Pinson, Walters, Zima, and Zipperman.
- Diversity Committee: faculty: Aksoy, Frykman, Lynch, and Sweeney; staff: DeVeres, Gale, Marana, Warner (chair), Wynn; students: Chadda and Lalanne.
- Environmental Concerns Committee: faculty: Evans and Park; staff: Huezo, Worley (chair); students: Browning, Chang, Haskell, and Mackie.
- IR Committee: faculty: Ascher (chair), Arndt, Blomberg, Burdekin, Camp, Frangieh, Haley, Pei, Taw, Velazco; staff: Appel
- Library Committee: faculty: Hamburg, Kincaid, Kreines
- ROTC Advisory Committee: faculty: Martin; staff: to be selected.
- Safety Committee: faculty: Reimer; staff: Nicholas; student: Palmer.
- Senior Staff: staff: Aguilar, Appel, Aspinall, Benavidez, Bibbens, Blomberg, DeVeres, Faranda, Floyd, Gann, Hess, Huang, Humes, Iseminger, Spellman, and Warner.
- Student Recruitment Committee: faculty: (economics-accounting), (middle east studies), (international relations), (history), (mathematics), (economics), (religious studies), (literature), (psychology), (government), (modern languages), others to be selected.
CMC faculty and staff members of Intercollegiate Committees are:
- Academic Deans Committee: Hess.
- Admission Officers Committee
- Business and Financial Affairs Committee: Aspinall.
- Committee on Religious Affairs (CORA): Davis and German.
- Council of The Claremont Colleges: Gann.
- College Advancement Committee: Iseminger.
- Faculty Athletic Representatives Committee: von Hallberg and Valdesolo.
- Human Resources Committee: Sanchez.
- Information Technology Committee: Humes.
- Intercollegiate Gender Studies Committee: faculty: Bilger and Selig.
- Joint Physical Education Appointment, Reappointment, and Promotion Committee: von Hallberg and Krauss.
- Keck Science Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure Committee: faculty: Lofgren and Wright; staff: Hess.
- Registrars Committee: Morgan.
- Student Deans Committee: Huang.
Advisory committees are constituted by the Administration as needed for ad hoc purposes as issues arise needing special attention. They are intended to study an issue, provide advice and recommendations, and then cease operations.
- CMC Activities Committee (CMAC): faculty: Areshidze, Mhatre, Rajczi, K. Scalmanini, Valdesolo; staff: Mayfield.
- Exceptional Service Committee: faculty: Rosett; staff: Faranda (chair).
- Assessment Committee: faculty: Gilbert, Humes (chair), Keil, Lynch, Riggio, Skinner; staff: Garris and Graves.
Committees of the Board of Trustees
Board of Trustees committees provide for faculty and student input by means of membership on various committees, subcommittees, and ad hoc committees. Voting is limited to trustees. Faculty members of Board committees are listed as faculty. Tenured (or tenure-track) faculty with administrative appointments who provide staff support are listed as staff.
- Academic Affairs Committee: trustees: McElwee (chair), Podlich (vice chair), Kuhl (vice chair), B. Evans, Klein, Leppert, Lerner, Lowe, Murty, Mgrublian, Neff, Peterson, Prager, Russell, Schade, Walker; faculty: Aksoy, Bilger, Camp, and M. Evans; staff: Appel, Garris, Hess, Humes, Warner; students: Das and Gilles.
- Audit Committee: trustees: Neff (chair), Lerner (vice chair), Kuhl, Peterson, Spellman Sweet, Valach; staff: Alonzo, Aspinall, Bibbens, Floyd, and Watkins.
- Board Affairs Committee: trustees: Hetz (chair), Walker (vice chair), Barker, Brown, Crown, Gann, Larson, Lowe, McElwee, McMahon, Mgrublian, Mitchell, Novack; staff: Bibbens and Iseminger.
- Buildings and Grounds Committee: trustees: Mgrublian (chair), Novack (vice chair), Crown, Day, Eggert, Flamson, Leppert, Podlich, Pritzlaff, Schade, Valach; faculty: Riggio, Sutton; staff: Aspinall, Bibbens, Hess, Perri, Worley; students: Fagundes and Nanjee.
- College Advancement Committee: trustees: Crown (co-chair), Mitchell (co-chair), Spellman Sweet (vice chair), Wagener (vice chair), Bemowski, Brown, Eggert, Falk, Hartman, Hetz, Lang, Larson, Mann, Novack, Pritzlaff; faculty: Conger, Rosett; staff: Benavidez, Faranda, Iseminger, Roche; students: Hirsch and Sullivan.
- Executive Committee: trustees: McMahon (chair), Barker (vice chair), Brown, Crown, Day, Evans, Gann, Hartman, Hetz, Larson, Lowe, McElwee, Mgrublian, Mitchell, Nakasone, Novack, Podlich, Russell, Walker; staff: Bibbens.
- Finance Committee: trustees: Russell (chair), Novack (vice chair), Prager (vice chair), Brown, Crown, Evans, Podlich, Schade, Valach, Walker; faculty: Cronqvist, Hughson; staff: Alonzo, Aspinall Bibbens, Floyd, Hess, Watkins; students: Pai and Sullivan.
- Investment Committee: trustees: Brown (co-chair), Larson (co-chair), Barker, Day, Hetz, McElwee, Mitchell, Russell, Walker; staff: Aspinall, Floyd, Rotolo, and Watkins.
- Research and Research Institutes Subcommittee: trustees: B. Evans (chair), Kuhl (vice chair), Lerner, Mgrublian, Walker; faculty: Blitz, Busch, Faggen, Haley, Kanaya, Meulbroek, Morhardt, Pei, Smith Orr, and Weidenmier; staff: Appel, Bartlett, and Hess.
- Student Affairs Committee: trustees: Evans (chair), Nakasone (vice chair), Bemowski, Falk, Flamson, Hartman, Klein, Kuhl, Lang, Mann, McElwee, Murty, Peterson, Wagener; faculty: Hamburg, Smith; staff: DeVeres, Easley, Huang, Spellman, Warner; students: Bird, Cooke, Haft, Limandibhratha, Pai, and Vaughn.