The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
Claremont McKenna College    
  Jan 22, 2018
2017-2018 Policy Library

Use of Controlled Substances in Research

Use of Controlled Substances in Research

Claremont McKenna does not allow the use of controlled subtances in research without the explicit permission of the Dean of keck Science. The College will verify that permission is granted from the Dean of Keck Science before any such research is conducted.

If approval is given to a PI to administer controlled substances as part of a research protocol or if the PI plans to conduct research on the drugs themselves, the PI must ensure that the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) requirements, including registration, inspection, and certification, if applicable, are met. Regional DEA offices can supply forms and information concerning the type of registration required for a particular substance for research use. The main registration office in Washington, DC may be reached at 800-882-9539. Information is also available from the National Institute on Drug Abuse at 301-443-6300.